You can apply for 0% finance in-store or on the phone, it’s a very popular way to pay for your new bike and spread the cost! You can call us now on 01202 775588 and we can talk you through an application which only takes 5 minutes. You can also call our Poole store on 01202 749674. Alternatively fill your details above and one of our team will be in contact shortly to discuss further.
£420.00 a month
From Zipp, the leading engineers of speed for more than a quarter century, comes our most advanced clincher wheel ever – the Zipp 404 Firestrike Carbon Clincher. Think limited availability, unlimited capabilities. The Firestrike wheel series is Zipp’s ultimate exclusive wheel. As new designs, technologies and manufacturing techniques are proven out, they are rolled into new limited availability Firestrike wheelsets. Our introduction of the 404 Firestrike Carbon Clincher a year ago began this new era of innovation for Zipp.
The 404 Firestrike Carbon Clincher is designed for durability and impact resistance but, at 1,620 grams per wheelset, is also light weight. Simply put, Zipp set the industry standard for strength and durability in a carbon clincher. With its versatile 58mm rim depth, the 404 Firestrike Carbon Clincher it stands as our pinnacle carbon clincher to overcome the resistive forces slowing you down – whether it’s aero drag, wind-induced steering torque, rain soaked roads, or tight corners. Each version of Firestrike has limited availability – we’re manufacturing just four hundred and four (yes, 404) wheelsets each for the new 404 Firestrike Carbon Clincher and 404 Firestrike Tubular.
Additional new innovations and features in the 404 Firestrike Carbon Clincher:
- CeramicSpeed® bearings are the lowest resistance hybrid ceramic (ceramic balls and steel races). Smooth rolling bearings put every last watt into moving you toward your goal.
- Zipp’s ImPress™ direct-print black razor graphic for improved aesthetics and weight savings over traditional decals.
- Newly designed titanium quick-release skewers have a wider more ergonomic handle to provide more leverage for opening and closing. When closed, the lever contours neatly with the frame.
- Zipp Valve Extenders by Silca™ provides easy inflation with an external gasket for no annoying rattle at the valve hole.
Zipp’s Firestrike design, which draws on the same rim patent used in Firecrest®, also includes premium performance advancements:
- Showstopper™ brake track technology applies a molded in brake track pattern and introduces a Silicon Carbide (SiC) surface for wet weather braking. Showstopper technology delivers greater stopping power in wet conditions than any carbon wheel ever produced, offering braking on par with aluminum braking surfaces.
- CFD (computational fluid dynamics) designed Firestrike rim shape provides a 34% reduction in side force while maintaining the aero performance of our Firecrest rims, for the ultimate in aero balance.
- Revised ABLC® (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control) smooths airflow through more frequent and smaller vortices, providing unmatched stability and control on even the windiest days.
- The Zipp 88/188v10 hubset adds torsional stiffness gained through the use of a 2-cross lacing pattern utilizing Sapim® CX-Ray® spokes and precision-set the bearing pre-load. That means no bearing pre-load adjustment is ever required.
Set Weight 1620g Max recommended rider weight 250lbs Front Wheel Weight 725g Hub Used 88v10 Rim Depth 58mm Brake Track Width (center) 26.4mm Max Width 27.8mm Clincher Bead Width 17.25mm Spokes Sapim® CX-Ray Spoke Count 18 Spoke Pattern Radial Spoke Length 246mm Max Tire Pressure 125psi Max Tire Pressure 8.62bars Track Adaptable No Dimpled Surface Yes Ceramic Bearing CeramicSpeed® Nipples Sapim® secure-lock External Nipples Yes Rear Wheel Weight 895g Hub Used 188v10 Rim Depth 58mm Brake Track Width (center) 26.4mm Max Width 27.8mm Spokes Sapim® CX-Ray Spoke Count 24 Spoke Length Non-Drive 252mm Spoke Pattern Non-Drive 2 cross Spoke Pattern Drive 2 cross Spoke Length Drive 250mm Max Tire Pressure 125psi Max Tire Pressure 8.62bars 11-speed compatible hub Yes Track Adaptable No Dimpled Surface Yes Ceramic Bearing CeramicSpeed® Nipples Sapim® secure-lock External Nipples Yes
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
Be the first to write a review!
Write a Review
Write a review about the Zipp 404 Firestrike Carbon Clincher Wheelset by completing the form below. Please complete all fields marked with an *
This item is available for International delivery. For orders outside the UK, please contact us for a quote. Read more.
UK orders are sent using Royal Mail Tracked 48, Royal Mail Recorded or Royal Mail letter post for small, light orders and Parcelforce for heavier, bulky orders. Please allow approx 2-3 days for delivery after the order has been despatched. Large and heavy items, e.g turbo trainers and work stands, will be sent by Parcelforce (UK Mainland only). Overseas orders are sent using Royal Mail International Signed For service and Royal Mail Airsure service (where permitting). Heavier items e.g. bicycles are sent using Parcelforce Worldwide. Delivery times will vary depending on destination, customs clearance, local postal service etc. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery. Postage costs include Insurance for the value of the order. Bicycles sent within the UK are sent by Parcelforce 48 Hour Service.