You can apply for 0% finance in-store or on the phone, it’s a very popular way to pay for your new bike and spread the cost! You can call us now on 01202 775588 and we can talk you through an application which only takes 5 minutes. You can also call our Poole store on 01202 749674. Alternatively fill your details above and one of our team will be in contact shortly to discuss further.
£450.00 a month
No material has earned its keep on the downhill circuit like our M5 aluminium. The reasons for this are stacking, but primarily, it can all be summed up by stiffness, light overall weight, and strength. That's why you'll find that our Demo 8 I was constructed from it. Not only that, but it also features a 1.5-inch forged head tube to enhance most of these qualities. As for the ride, the Demo 8 pairs our S3 Geometry with an asymmetric frame design that ensures plenty of access, a roomy top tube for added control, ultra-short, nimble chainstays, a low bottom bracket that keeps you feeling planted, and a slack front end that provides the utmost in responsive handling at speed. For suspension, this Demo features 200mm up front via a RockShox BoXXer RC 650b and 200mm of travel at the rear controlled by a custom-tuned FOX VAN RC. Together, the combo ensures that you'll be able to rocket over any terrain with confidence. And when you add in a build kit consisting of SRAM's powerful Guide brakes, a durable one-by SRAM drivetrain, and our legendary Butcher & Slaughter DH tires, you get a bike that wants nothing more than to be pushed harder and faster.
- A Specialized 6061 alloy seatpost is tough, strong, and features a 0mm setback for the perfect position on the descents.
- Custom FOX Van RC rear shock features 200mm of coil-sprung travel and three easily adjustable stages of sensitivity, from small bump to full motor. It's also received our custom shock tune to ensure maximum performance over both small bumps and big hits alike.
- RockShox BoXXer RC 650b fork is purposefully designed for the most demanding terrain on earth. With 200mm of travel, Motion Control IS damping for maximum efficiency, and Power Buldge reinforced lower legs that allow oversized bushings for incredible stiffness, it'll leave you with nothing but confidence.
- 650bx2.5" Butcher DH tyre at the front has prominent shoulder knobs that ravenously grip in any condition, while the centre tread is low for minimal rolling resistance. Meanwhile, we positioned a 650bx2.3" Slaughter DH at the rear for its aggressive tread, stiff sidewall, and tacky grip—ensuring maximum traction and protection through any terrain.
- M5 alloy construction works in tandem with our S3 Geometry, an asymmetric frame design, and a 1.5” forged head tube to create the ultimate race machine. The design is relatively compact in order increase maneuverability and responsiveness, while the 200mm of travel at the rear makes the bike capable of taking on the biggest of hits in stride. And to fill out all of the details that make the difference on race day, we’ve included an ISCG ‘05 mount for chain guides and a rear derailleur protector to keep you shifting smoothly through rock gardens and unexpected strikes.
- Tech Specs
Frame Asymmetric M5 manipulated alloy, S3 Geometry, 200mm travel, 1.5" forged head tube, 135mm rear spacing, compact race design, ISCG '05 mount, cartridge bearing rear shock mount, rear derailleur protector Fork RockShox BoXXer RC 650b, S: Extra soft spring , M: Soft spring, L: Medium spring, XL: Firm spring, 200mm travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, alloy steerer, 48mm offset, Maxle Lite DH Rear Shock Custom FOX VAN RC, coil w/ piggy back, compression and rebound adjust, 8.75x2.75", XS: 350, S: 400, M: 450, L: 500 Headset 1-1/2", semi-integrated for 1-1/8" steerer, cartridge bearings Stem Specialized P.Series, direct mount, forged alloy, 4-bolt, 45mm Handlebars Specialized Demo, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm Grips Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness Front Brake SRAM Guide, metallic pads, 200mm rotor Rear Brake SRAM Guide, metallic pads, 180mm rotor Brake Levers SRAM DB5, hydraulic, custom reach adjust Rear Derailleur SRAM GX Type 2.1, 10-speed, short cage Shifters SRAM X7, 10-speed, w/ Matchmaker clamp Bottom Bracket SRAM, BB30, 83mm Cassette SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-25t, 3 cogs removed Chain SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed, w/ PowerLink, nickel finish Crankset Custom SRAM Descendant, BB30, 7050 alloy arms, thin 36T ring, w/ Gamut bashguard Pedals Specialized Bennies, 6061 alloy body, sealed cartridge, 4.5mm removable pins Front Wheel Roval 650b, alloy, 24mm inner width, 32h, Specialized, Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 20mm thru-axle, 32h Rear Wheel Roval 650b, alloy, 24mm inner width, 32h, Specialized, Hi Lo disc, hollow Cr-Mo axle, 32h Front Tyre Specialized Butcher DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.5" Rear Tyre Specialized Slaughter DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.3" Inner Tubes Standard, Presta valve Saddle Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm Seatpost Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt, 0mm setback, 30.9mm Other SEAT BINDER: Specialized, 7050 alloy, single bolt, 34.9mm
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
Be the first to write a review!
Write a Review
Write a review about the Specialized 2017 Demo 8 I Alloy Mountain Bike by completing the form below. Please complete all fields marked with an *
This item is available for delivery within the EU only. For orders outside the UK, please contact us for a quote. Read more.
UK orders are sent using Royal Mail Tracked 48, Royal Mail Recorded or Royal Mail letter post for small, light orders and Parcelforce for heavier, bulky orders. Please allow approx 2-3 days for delivery after the order has been despatched. Large and heavy items, e.g turbo trainers and work stands, will be sent by Parcelforce (UK Mainland only). Overseas orders are sent using Royal Mail International Signed For service and Royal Mail Airsure service (where permitting). Heavier items e.g. bicycles are sent using Parcelforce Worldwide. Delivery times will vary depending on destination, customs clearance, local postal service etc. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery. Postage costs include Insurance for the value of the order. Bicycles sent within the UK are sent by Parcelforce 48 Hour Service.