You can apply for 0% finance in-store or on the phone, it’s a very popular way to pay for your new bike and spread the cost! You can call us now on 01202 775588 and we can talk you through an application which only takes 5 minutes. You can also call our Poole store on 01202 749674. Alternatively fill your details above and one of our team will be in contact shortly to discuss further.
£1,125.00 a month
This World Cup version of the S-Works Epic takes the concept of fast to another level. Like its counterpart "standard" version, it's constructed from our finest carbon fibre and features a drool-worthy build kit and a RockShox RS-1 Brain fork. But where it differs is in its tighter geometry and one-by-specific build, which work together to form explosive power transfer and an even nimbler sense of handling. Along these lines, you'll find that the build holds nothing back, delivering a SRAM XX1 groupset that's lightweight and intuitive, along with XTR brakes for some of the best stopping power in the business. And to drive even harder on efficiency and speed, we included our proprietary Brain technology at the fork and rear shock. This intelligent system is able to interpret the difference between rider and trail input, so it stays firm under effort and plush over bumps. Put it all together, and you have a purpose-built race machine that's certain to lay waste to any short track out there.
- FACT 11m carbon fibre frame provides the ideal blend of stiffness, strength, and light weight, resulting in the pinnacle of efficiency and speed. Meanwhile, our World Cup XC 29 Geometry, 95mm of travel, internal cable routing, and a SWAT Tool Cradle create exceptional handling and zero-hassle maintenance.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up, 95mm of fine-tuneable suspension, and our Spike Valve technology for enhanced performance in the corners and rough terrain. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- RockShox RS-1 Brain fork is arguably the most sought-after fork in XC racing. Compared to a traditional fork, its inverted design creates a carbon fibre upper that provides superior stiffness, while behaving with more sensitivity to small bumps and more control over larger hits. And with Brain technology, these characteristics are amplified and even more efficient. It also includes our Spike Valve technology that minimizes yaw in cornering, while providing maximum travel in high velocity impacts.
- Roval Control SL 29 carbon fibre wheels are lightweight for climbs, hand-built for precision and durability, stiff for explosive sprints and nimble handling, and most importantly, exceptionally fast for hard, sustained efforts come race day.
- The one-by drivetrain is controlled by SRAM's venerable XX1 components, while braking duties are handled by a Shimano XTR carbon lever. Combined, the system forms the ultimate in efficiency and intuitive feel, while also having the added benefit of significant weight savings and minimal required maintenance.
- Tech Specs
Frame FACT 11m carbon, World Cup XC 29 Geometry, carbon PF30 BB, carbon headset cups, 142mm dropouts, internal cable routing, PM 160 rear brake, SWAT tool cradle Fork RockShox RS-1 Brain, Solo Air spring, 100mm travel, Spike Valve, top-mount Brain Fade adjust, rebound adjust, inverted design, tapered carbon crown/steerer, 46mm offset, 15mm Maxle Ultimate thru-axle Rear Shock FOX/Specialized remote Mini Brain, AUTOSAG, Spike Valve, Brain Fade adjust I-Valve, Kashima Coating, 200x48mm Headset 1-1/8" upper, 1-1/2" lower, threadless, Campy style, cartridge bearings Stem Syntace F109, 6-degree rise Handlebars Specialized FACT carbon, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm, 31.8mm Grips Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness Front Brake Shimano XTR, hydraulic disc, Ti-metallic pads, 160mm Ice-Tech rotor Rear Brake Shimano XTR, hydraulic disc, Ti-metallic pads, 160mm Ice-Tech rotor Brake Levers Shimano XTR, carbon lever, I-spec Rear Derailleur SRAM XX1, 11-speed Shifters SRAM XX1, 11-speed, trigger Bottom Bracket SRAM, PF30, OS press-in bearings, sealed cartridge Cassette SRAM XX1, 11-speed, 10-42t Chain SRAM PC-XX1, 11-speed, w/ PowerLink Crankset S-Works, FACT carbon, 30T X-Sync ring, 104mm BCD spider, 30T, w/ Specialized Mini-Guide Chainrings Front Wheel Roval Control SL 29, carbon, disc rim, Roval Control SL, Torque Tube, 15mm end caps Rear Wheel Roval Control SL 29, carbon, disc rim, Roval Control SL 142+, Torque Tube, SRAM XX1 XD driver body Front Tyre S-Works Fast Trak, 120TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.0" Rear Tyre S-Works Fast Trak Control, 120TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.0" Saddle Body Geometry S-Works Phenom, carbon rails, 143mm Seatpost S-Works FACT carbon, 20mm offset, 27.2mm
“The Epic handles superbly”
A cross country speed machine with 95mm of plush suspension ensuring all day comfort makes - this one fun bike to ride. The perfect bike for our local trails in the New Forest and the Purbeck Hills, this will eat up the steepest of climbs.
Super short chainstays makes sure the Epic handles superbly, whereas the fast rolling 29er wheels ensure you keep moving. If you are a hardened racer or a weekend warrior, then this is the bike for you.
With a race winning formula of speed, handling and comfort, top components and a fantastic frame, this is a brilliant bike – we love the Epic. Give us a call or drop in a see us to take a look at the range.
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
Be the first to write a review!
Write a Review
Write a review about the Specialized 2016 S-Works Epic 29 World Cup Mountain Bike by completing the form below. Please complete all fields marked with an *
This item is available for delivery within the EU only. For orders outside the UK, please contact us for a quote. Read more.
UK orders are sent using Royal Mail Tracked 48, Royal Mail Recorded or Royal Mail letter post for small, light orders and Parcelforce for heavier, bulky orders. Please allow approx 2-3 days for delivery after the order has been despatched. Large and heavy items, e.g turbo trainers and work stands, will be sent by Parcelforce (UK Mainland only). Overseas orders are sent using Royal Mail International Signed For service and Royal Mail Airsure service (where permitting). Heavier items e.g. bicycles are sent using Parcelforce Worldwide. Delivery times will vary depending on destination, customs clearance, local postal service etc. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery. Postage costs include Insurance for the value of the order. Bicycles sent within the UK are sent by Parcelforce 48 Hour Service.