You can apply for 0% finance in-store or on the phone, it’s a very popular way to pay for your new bike and spread the cost! You can call us now on 01202 775588 and we can talk you through an application which only takes 5 minutes. You can also call our Poole store on 01202 749674. Alternatively fill your details above and one of our team will be in contact shortly to discuss further.
£525.00 a month
Cross country racing has its own list of demands, and speed is at the top of the list. Our Epic Comp Carbon World Cup answers the call with a tighter geometry, along with shorter chainstays and tube lengths in comparison to a "standard" Epic. This gives the World Cup more explosive power transfer and nimbler handling, especially when paired up with the carbon chassis and M5 alloy rear end. As for the build, you truly start to see the theme of uncompromising speed at work, as we've hung some of SRAM's most reliable parts on this bike. And to make sure that you'll be utilizing every watt of power out of them, we included our Mini Brain rear shock that differentiates rider input from trail bumps to ensure that the bike stays stiff when you need it to. With all of this going on, it's easy to see why the Epic has long been the dominant force on the cross country scene.
- By pairing a FACT 9m carbon fibre frame w/ a M5 alloy rear end with our World Cup XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on tight tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up and 95mm of fine-tuneable suspension. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- A RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up 100mm of smooth travel, while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjusts permit you to customize the feel according to the terrain at hand.
- Roval 29 alloy wheels feature a 21mm internal width, making them plenty stiff and lightweight for XC racing.
- The drivetrain is comprised of a mix of SRAM 1x11 components, hand-selected to provide maximum performance at a more palatable value. Combine, the GX and S-1000 pieces deliver crisp shifting, stiff pedalling, and reliable precision—no matter what direction you're pointing the bike on the trail.
- Tech Specs
Frame FACT 9m carbon, World Cup XC 29 Geometry, M5 rear triangle, carbon PF30 BB, carbon headset cups, 142mm dropouts, internal cable routing, PM 160 rear brake, SWAT tool cradle Fork RockShox Reba RL 29, Solo Air spring, 100mm travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, tapered alloy crown/steerer, 46mm offset, 15mm Maxle Stealth thru-axle Rear Shock FOX/Specialized remote Mini Brain, AUTOSAG, Brain Fade adjust I-Valve, 200x48mm Headset 1-1/8" upper, 1-1/2" lower, threadless, Campy style, cartridge bearings Stem Specialized Stout XC, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise, anti-corrosion hardware Handlebars Specialized, butted 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm, 31.8mm Grips Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness Front Brake Shimano Deore BR-M506, hydraulic disc, dual piston, resin pads Rear Brake Shimano Deore BR-M506, hydraulic disc, dual piston, resin pads Brake Levers Shimano BR-M615, hydraulic Rear Derailleur SRAM GX X Horizon, 11-speed, alloy cage Shifters SRAM GX, 11-speed, trigger Bottom Bracket SRAM, PF30, OS press-in bearings, sealed cartridge Cassette SRAM XG-1150, 11-speed, 10-42t Chain KMC X11L, 11-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink Crankset SRAM GX-1000, 11-speed, PF30, 30T X-Sync ring, 94mm BCD spider Front Wheel Roval 29, alloy, 21mm inner width, 32h rim, Specialized, Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 32h Rear Wheel Roval 29, alloy, 21mm inner width, 32h rim, Specialized, Hi Lo disc, 4x sealed cartridge bearings, 12mm thru-axle, 32h Front Tyre S-Works Fast Trak, 120TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.0" Rear Tyre Specialized Fast Trak Control, 60TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.0" Saddle Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm Seatpost Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 30.9mm
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
Be the first to write a review!
Write a Review
Write a review about the Specialized 2016 Epic Comp Carbon 29 World Cup Mountain Bike by completing the form below. Please complete all fields marked with an *
This item is available for delivery within the EU only. For orders outside the UK, please contact us for a quote. Read more.
UK orders are sent using Royal Mail Tracked 48, Royal Mail Recorded or Royal Mail letter post for small, light orders and Parcelforce for heavier, bulky orders. Please allow approx 2-3 days for delivery after the order has been despatched. Large and heavy items, e.g turbo trainers and work stands, will be sent by Parcelforce (UK Mainland only). Overseas orders are sent using Royal Mail International Signed For service and Royal Mail Airsure service (where permitting). Heavier items e.g. bicycles are sent using Parcelforce Worldwide. Delivery times will vary depending on destination, customs clearance, local postal service etc. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery. Postage costs include Insurance for the value of the order. Bicycles sent within the UK are sent by Parcelforce 48 Hour Service.