Give our experts a call today, we can advise on sizing & build a bike to your exact requirements, ready for an in store collection & bike fitting or delivered to your door. Please call 01202 775588 or email email@example.com for more information.
Light and Fast, Just How You Want Them.
You enjoy the late braking and controlled high speed descending that your disc brake road bike allows you, well now you can have incredible performance on the flat and up the climbs too. Super-light aero rims combined with bladed aero spokes and straight pull hubs deliver your power with maximum efficiency. The freehub body on the HUNT Sprint hubs is also upgraded with 48 teeth on the ratchet ring and treble-tooth pawls, providing 7.5 degree engagement. Perfect for when the hammer goes down and you need to accelerate now!
The strong individual leaf-sprung pawls are louder than circular spring set-ups, but we think that is the right decision to make for this type of wheelset. The latest bread of tubeless tyres give-up nothing in weight to their clincher counterparts, as well as removing the tube for extra weight savings and reducing rolling resistance, so tubeless-ready was essential.
The Experts' View
Aero Light Disc Wheels Review
"THEY’RE AERODYNAMIC, LIGHT, MADE FOR DISC BRAKES AND TUBELESS READY. THESE WHEELS HIT EVERY TREND GOING...they’re impressively light for disc brake wheels at only 1,498g for the set...very good value at £459...if it makes any difference, we think the understated black and white decals look great too."
- Rims | 6061-T6 Heat treated. Tubeless-ready. Disc specific (no disguised rim braking surfaces). Rounded 28mm aero profile. Micro-peened finish strengthens the surface even further. H-lock bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation.
- Tyres | Wide 17mm rim bed creates a wide tyre profile Great with 23 tyres, ideal for 25, 28 and tyres up to 45c. Not included.
- Hubs | Race Season SPRINT straight-pull. 7.5deg engagement angle. Steel spline insert protects cassette body. C/lock disc mount, 6bolt disc adaptors included. SRAM XD Driver available.
- Axles | Easily adaptable & we fit them for you. Fit almost all current axle sizes and are easy to change; Front - QR, Bolt thru 12/15/9mm, Rear - QR, Bolt thru 12x142, 12x135, 10x135. Please note these wheels will not work with the older 15mm front thru axle standard, however Mason x Hunt 4Season Disc wheels do accept 15mm front axles. Please click here for more info on how to select your axles.
- Spokes | 24F/24R Pillar PSRXTRA Aero straight pull
- Nipples | 12mm corrosion resistant brass
- Included | Tubeless tape & valves, spare spokes, spoke key, axle adapters (please fill in the simple form after checkout to select your required size), pair of 6bolt disc adapters.
- Weight | 1498g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
Be the first to write a review!
Write a Review
Write a review about the Hunt 2018 Aero Light Disc Wheelset by completing the form below. Please complete all fields marked with an *
This item is available for International delivery. For orders outside the UK, please contact us for a quote. Read more.
UK orders are sent using Royal Mail Tracked 48, Royal Mail Recorded or Royal Mail letter post for small, light orders and Parcelforce for heavier, bulky orders. Please allow approx 2-3 days for delivery after the order has been despatched. Large and heavy items, e.g turbo trainers and work stands, will be sent by Parcelforce (UK Mainland only). Overseas orders are sent using Royal Mail International Signed For service and Royal Mail Airsure service (where permitting). Heavier items e.g. bicycles are sent using Parcelforce Worldwide. Delivery times will vary depending on destination, customs clearance, local postal service etc. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery. Postage costs include Insurance for the value of the order. Bicycles sent within the UK are sent by Parcelforce 48 Hour Service.