The new skinfoils represent the genetic evolution of the outgoing line of ASSOS skinfoil baselayers. Based on our seamless tubular knitting technology, ASSOS skinfoil_s7 baselayers represent the inner core of the als, the Assos layering system. They are your next-to-skin first-layer product. without a properly fitting skinfoil, the rest of your outfit cannot perform to its full potential. When wearing ASSOS, always wear an original ASSOS baselayer with it - it's the only way to maximize the ASSOS total comfort experience.
The general direction in ASSOS is toward reducing the seven climarange outfits to four. this is possible thanks to the ultimate in technology and intelligence, which we are utilizing to increase the action radius of our fabrics, creating textiles that work in a wider temperature range. This new ASSOS baselayer family has been engineered with just this reduction in mind - less is more.
how to use it? alone, directly on your skin, underneath bibs and jersey. The ASSOS skinfoil is your first next-to-skin garment, engineered to work as your personal microclima transporter barrier to pull and push moisture to the next or outer shell layer. Note: the baselayer operates optimally after it becomes slightly moist when riding. This is a good sign! Skinfoil fibres use this humidity as an insulator or coolant to help keep you comfortable.
We now have only four models: summer, spring / fall, earlywinter and winter. easy and clear. Integrate these baselayers properly into your als outfit. The intensity of sweating - and its associated cooling effect - depends on the type of ride, your exercise intensity, your unique body and your fitness level. So, play with your skinfoils, using them in a higher or lower climarange condition until you determine your perfect, personal als.
The general rule of thumb is, the more you sweat, the lighter you should dress. for example, using the ls.spring/fall_skinfoil_s7 in combination with the earlywinter habujacket can be enough if you are a frequent rider in mild, earlywinter conditions. but another rider who exercises at a lower intensity might want to try a winter skinfoil in this situation.
• New technology: transport mesh for article 1.4, summer. increased breathability, faster push-pull effect, and new v-cut neck to increase air flow.
• New textured yarn for article 2.4, spring-fall. reduced volume with perfect insulating effect. Innovative construction technique: open mesh. the fabric works actively to transfer sweat to outer layers.
• New composition for article 3.4, earlywinter, with 97% polypropylene, perfect elasticity and comfort, plus less volume to let body dry faster, protecting against cold and humidity.
• New design for article 4.4, winter, with a new neck construction (softer, and more comfortable without zip) and double-color system between sleeves and body.
• New, improved soft compression pattern design. Campionissimo aepd the beauty of this tubular seamless construction is its cozy fit, thanks to extreme elasticity, which allows a basic regularfit pattern design that adapts easily to different body types.
The key fabric
We are building on the current skinfoil generation of fabrics, and adding more. One is polypropylene which, thanks to its non-absorbent, wicking properties, helps to ensure excellent moisture management. As well, it is one of the lightest fibers. We use it to maximize comfort. And depending on the garment, we complement polypropylene with polyester or spandex
to achieve the required fabric features (elasticity, etc.)
Customer ReviewsWrite a Review
Be the first to write a review!
Write a Review
Write a review about the Assos SS.skinFoilSummer_evo7 Base Layer by completing the form below. Please complete all fields marked with an *
This item is available for International delivery. Read more.
UK orders are sent using Royal Mail Tracked 48, Royal Mail Recorded or Royal Mail letter post for small, light orders and Parcelforce for heavier, bulky orders. Please allow approx 2-3 days for delivery after the order has been despatched. Large and heavy items, e.g turbo trainers and work stands, will be sent by Parcelforce (UK Mainland only). Overseas orders are sent using Royal Mail International Signed For service and Royal Mail Airsure service (where permitting). Heavier items e.g. bicycles are sent using Parcelforce Worldwide. Delivery times will vary depending on destination, customs clearance, local postal service etc. Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery. Postage costs include Insurance for the value of the order. Bicycles sent within the UK are sent by Parcelforce 48 Hour Service.